The Porter Law Firm LLC

{The Porter Law Firm}{101 Marietta Street, Suite 3300}{Atlanta}{30303}{Georgia}{United States}{(678) 710-9100}
101 Marietta Street, Suite 3300 Atlanta, Georgia
Phone: (678) 710-9100

Practice Areas

Practice Areas


Everyone has heard that over 50% of marriages end in divorce. Although divorce has become an unfortunate reality in our society, no two dissolutions are the same. Complex legal issues present themselves in the divorce arena regularly. That is why you need an advocate that devotes its practice exclusively to handling such cases. Whether you need counsel on issues of child custody, visitation, child support, alimony, division of the marital estate, allocation of marital debt, or all of the above, we are here to help you resolve your dispute amicably, if possible, or through litigation.

Click here to learn more about annulment in Georgia.


When a relationship dissolves, former couples are often times still connected through children in common. If your current custodial arrangement is no longer in the best interests of your minor child or children, it may be appropriate to modify that agreement.


Georgia law allows parents to modify their child support obligation under certain conditions. Whether you are the payer of child support seeking to have your support reduced or are the recipient of child support interested in having the other party’s obligation increased, we can help.


A Guardian ad Litem is a court-apponted attorney for the children in a divorce or modification of custody action involving minor children.  A GAL may be requested by either party, both parties jointly, or appointed unilaterally by the court.  A GAL will conduct an investigation and make recommendatons to the court about custody and parenting time.  Since a GAL’s opinions are often times given great weight by your assigned judge, it is imperative that a thoughtful, hard-working individual be selected if possible.  Our firm’s partner, Benjamin Porter, can serve as a guardian in your custody matter in the following counties: Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Cobb, Clayton, Fayette, Cherokee, Forsyth, Henry, Rockdale, and Douglas counties.


Has your former spouse violated a Court Order pertaining to child support, parenting time, division of the marital estate, or some other domestic matter? We can help protect your rights by filing a suit enforcement the Court Order.


Are you a father seeking legal or physical custody/parenting time rights to your son or daughter? If you were never married to the mother of your child or children, you will need to file a paternity suit before any rights can be obtained. Call us to learn more about this Georgia-specific area of law.


Court orders are not always favorable. If you are interested in challenging a previous Court Order dealing with any family law matter, please contact us immediately so that your rights to an appeal are preserved.


Our firm can assist you in navigating the adoption process from locating a child to obtaining the final approval of the adoption petition.



Law suits can be complicated!
Get Help Today